Wednesday, July 13, 2005

"And California seemed to draw you like a siren...."

Getting psyched about my trip with D (henceforth known as "The Boy") to San Fran this coming fall. Subtracting travel time, we will have four glorious, full days in the Bay area; the longest time I've spent there on my own since we moved nearly a decade ago. It's better than coming home, because I get to show it off to someone I know will fall in love with it, too. I'm listening to the streaming webcast from my favorite San Fran radio station (at least, since Live 105 started to suck, many moons ago....), getting myself even more pumped.
We blow into the city on a Thursday afternoon, meet up with C and my long-lost-other -self, M. Rose (hopefully....we'll work those details out later); have some evening SF fun, probably spend Friday doing the sights, then I want to drive The Boy down the coast: to Monterey, where I was born.

Too romantic? Suck it up, I'm a cheeseball.

We'll likely spend the night down there Saturday, maybe do Santa Cruz (especially if M. Rose and C want to come; M. Rose went to school there so that would be fun), then head back up the coast. Monday's up in the air, as long as we're on our flight on time Tuesday morning.


Then back to work.
Sigh.

But showing off the pictures will make even that worth it.


This isn't a very exciting or insightful post, just one full of anticipation and excitement.
They say you can't go home again, which is true. But it feels really good to try sometimes.

Take me home, baby.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home